Looking forward to sourcing and seeking consent for these in the coming days… appreciate your ideas and support.
* Dr Terry Wahl: Reversing MS with the Paleo diet TED talk by Dr. Terry Wahls, MD Fantastic talk.
* Dr Dean Ornish: Healing through diet .. TED talk by Dr Dean Ornish Dr Dean Ornish wants you to live longer, and have more fun while you’re at it. He’s one of the leading voices in the medical community promoting a balanced, holistic approach to health, and proving that it works. The author of Eat More, Weigh Less and several other best-selling books, Ornish is best known for his lifestyle-based approach to fighting heart disease. His research at the Preventive Medicine Research Institute (the nonprofit he founded) clinically demonstrated that cardiovascular illnesses — and, most recently prostate cancer — can be treated and even reversed through diet and exercise. These findings (once thought to be physiologically implausible) have been widely chronicled in the US media, including Newsweek, for which Ornish writes a column. The fifty-something physician, who’s received many honors and awards, was chosen by LIFE Magazine as one of the most influential members of his generation. Among his many pursuits, Ornish is now working with food corporations to help stop America’s obesity pandemic from spreading around the globe.
* Dr Peter Attia talks about obesity and insulan resistance. But more than an excellent speech, is his message of how some presentations (obesity) may and can be proxy disguises for bigger disorders. He also talks with great personal morality about the meidcal communities need for a ‘paradigm shift’ towards care, compassion, humility and respect for pateints … absolutely outstanding speech: http://www.tedmed.com/talks/show?id=18029
* Scientist, entreprenuer and investor, Steve Gullans talks about medicational ‘dosing’ … http://www.tedmed.com/talks/show?id=103834, followed closely by this shorter one: http://www.tedmed.com/talks/show?id=103834&videoId=234065&ref=about-this-talk
* Here is a link that is fabulous, and talks about gut health: Gut Health
And, here are some websites that I think are amazing:
Lisa Fitzgibbon is a registered Naturopath and Medical Herbalist with NZAMH and NZSN. She has a Bachelor of Health Sciences (Complementary Medicine) from Charles Sturt University in Australia as well as Advanced Diplomas in Naturopathy and Herbal Medicine from South Pacific College of Natural Therapies in Auckland. Lisa also has a Diploma in Advertising from AIT (now AUT).
* Recently I came across this site, Mind Body, Green. which I feel is interesting, especially their stance on curing autoimmune disorders through an elimination diet (including eliminating grains and legumes) .. see this link. The http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-8843/10-signs-you-have-an-autoimmune-disease-how-to-reverse-it.html
* Dr Nicole Suciu-Foca, re-known Immunologist, discovers a compound for treating AutuoImmune disease. The article care of Columbia Technology Venutres (New York): http://techventures.columbia.edu/blog/profile/discovering-new-compound-treating-autoimmune-diseases
From Oxford University, comes a series of online audio podcasts (Open Content) which are offered free, under their Creative Commons License. They currently have 6 audio pod-casts in their Auto Immunity Series and each one I have linked here..
Professor Fiona Powrey: Gut Health in Autoimmunity: http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/fiona-powrie-audio
Professor Lars Fugger: Multiple Sclerosis: http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/multiple-sclerosis-audio
Dr Holm Uhlig: Immune health in the Gastrointestinal tract: http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/immune-system-gastrointestinal-tract-audio
Professor Richard Cornall: Susceptability for AutoImmunity: http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/immune-system-gastrointestinal-tract-audio and this one: http://media.podcasts.ox.ac.uk/clmed/translational/richard_cornall.mp4
Dr Allison Simmons: Crohns and I.B.Disease: http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/crohns-disease-audio
Professor Paul Bowness: Spondyloarthritis: http://podcasts.ox.ac.uk/spondyloarthritis-audio
Radio New Zealand audio podcast(s) related to Auto Immune issues:
Radio New Zealand talks with: Gregor Reid, Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at the University of Western Ontario, Canada about PROBIOTICS: http://www.radionz.co.nz/search/results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=immunology
Radio New Zealand talks with: Joe Kerman of the Malaghan Institute, about: Tuberculosis and the Immune System: http://www.radionz.co.nz/search/results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=immunology
Radio New Zealand’s talks with Australian: Joe Cross (Reboot your life), about his theory of juicing for 60 days: http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/2544631
Radio New Zealand talks to: Jeff Leach, archeologist and founder of the The Human Food Project: http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/2523451
Radio New Zealand talks to: Italian chef, Fabio who speaks about his Coeliac Disease (AutoImmune Disorder): http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/1425924
Radio New Zealand’s Health Correspondent, Karen Brown talks about Diabetes (Type 1 and 2): http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/2580401
Radio New Zealand’s Ruth Beran discusses: Type 1 Diabetes, Stem Cell may hold the answer: http://www.radionz.co.nz/audio/player/2574723
Dr Phil Boyle: Dr Phil Boyle is an Irish doctor who prescribes: LDN LowDoseNaltrexone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCMU8Q1V-NY